Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Klipschorns vs Altec 604

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member TerribleT's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Hello, Has anyone compared the Klipschorns with 604s in bass reflex cabinets? Which set would give better performance? I know this is a very general question, but any impression and opinions would be helpful. I have K horns now and I am itching to try something new.
    Regards.
    David

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've owned both at the same time. Sold the Khorns and kept the 604s, which is much smoother and flatter. The 604 base has more impact as well. I own a pair of Altec "Big Reds" with Mastering Lab crossovers and 604E2 drivers (they look like the 604-8G but are 16ohms).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Khorn has a big hole at about 350-500 hz. It also has some imaging problems and the T35 horn tweeter in my opinion was not the greatest effort of EV.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.